- BAYSWATER LOCATION
- HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY
- DAY SHIFT
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of machines, controls, and sheet metal solutions. They are an award-winning business who truly value their employees. With the head office right here in Melbourne, you will want to be part of this Australian success story.
The purpose of this position is to electrical wire machines and configuration of accessories to ensure quality and functionality within the required timeframes to meet customer requirements
- Production Assembly
- Installation and routing of cables through machines and sub assembly.
-Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, and other electrical components.
- Inspect and basic test electrical components and fault diagnose.
- Install and modify electrical housings and ducting.
- Applies production processes within the scope of responsibility and able to perform the work activities, reliably, consistently, and repeatedly.
- Completes all documentation as part of the duties.
- Will do a reasonable amount of O/T when required.
- Supports other operators in the identification and rectification of faults.
- Contribute to suggestions and improvements of area of work or work processes.
- Applies 5S principles and supports a LEAN environment.
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Soldering of small connectors (example RS32 or D25 for example)
- Crimping connectors and terminals
- Terminating of Sensor cabling
- Working with small cabling (0.5 andgt; 3mm examples)
- Low power distribution systems (12/24v)
- Read and assembly to an electrical schematic- Ideally read a mechanical drawing
MECHANTRONICS TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Robots’ systems mastering and setup
- Small machine commissioning
- PLC operation and programming
- Electrical systems testing and fault finding (must have)-
- Understanding of pneumatics systems and schematics
- Ability to use a 3D CAD system
- can work with/from a 3D model on a computer.
- Holds recognised trades qualifications and has proven experience in electrical fitting,
- Mechantronics qualifications or experience is high regarded.
-Demonstrate a flexible and andldquo;can doandrdquo; attitude with assertiveness.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge in manufacturing and assembly processes and using appropriate tools and equipment as required for the above accountabilities.
- Attention to detail and ensures accuracy.
- Actively measures own performance and achieves daily targets.
- Demonstrates courage to suggest new ideas.
- Ability to read engineering electrical schematics.