- NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
Date Posted: 09/07/2021
Work Type: Contract
* BAYSWATER LOCATION
* COMPETITIVE SALARY
* AFTERNOON AND NIGHT SHIFT
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of machines, controls, and sheet metal solutions. They are an award-winning business who truly value their employees. With the head office right here in Melbourne, you will want to be part of this Australian success story.
The purpose of this position is to assemble Machine Tool Spindles to ensure quality and functionality within the required timeframes to meet customer requirements.
- Production Assembly
- Applies engineering principles to the design, specification, and configuration of the machine build.
- Applies analytical skills in fault finding, decision making related to the machine build and resolving of technical matters.
- Applies production processes within the scope of responsibility and able to perform the work activities, reliably, consistently and repeatably.
- Understands quality and is able to perform the activities to the required standards.
- Meets production deadlines set for the machine build.
- Completes all documentation as part of the duties.
- Applies metrology to ensure the high precision tolerances are met at all times.
- Supports other operators in the identification and rectification of faults.
- Contributes to the reviewing, writing and implementation of standard work instructions.
- Applies 5S principles and supports a LEAN environment.
- Proven experience as a toolmaker working with extremely tight tolerances, Microns.
- Previous Experience assembling Spindles/Linear Motors an advantage.
- Strong Understanding of mechanical drawings and precision assembly.
- Demonstrate a flexible and andldquo;can doandrdquo; attitude with assertiveness.
- Holds recognised trades qualifications and has proven experience in high precision fitting and turning.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge in manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Attention to detail and ensures accuracy.
- Actively measures own performance and achieves daily targets.
- Demonstrates courage to suggest new ideas.
Trades and Services