Updated July 2022


Latest Health and Safety Measures

Drake International is working hard to help keep our employees, labour-hire workers, candidates, clients, and their families and communities safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.

For the latest updates on new health and safety measures, it is critical to follow the relevant Government updates for your respective state or territory:



You can also use the Health Direct COVID-19 restriction checker to find out what you can and can't do in your state or territory.





COVID-19 Testing

If you tested Positive using a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), you must report your result on the Department of Health website, or call 1800 675 398. You don’t need to report your result if you tested positive from a PCR test. However, it is recommended to fill out the survey you receive via SMS from the Department. You must also report your Positive test result to Drake as soon as possible, your consultant will record your details and notify the host employer (where applicable).

You must isolate for at least 7 days from the date you took your Positive Rapid Antigen Test or PCR test. For example, if you had the test on a Monday, you would be able to leave isolation any time the following Monday, unless you continue to experience any Flu-Like symptoms.

While you are in isolation:

  • You can’t leave your house for any reason except to get tested, get medical care or medical supplies, or in an emergency (including family violence, fire, or flood).
  • Isolate away from the other people in your household as much as possible, to reduce the risk of them getting COVID-19.
  • Financial support and food are available. You and your family may be eligible.
  • You do not need to get tested again and you are automatically released from isolation after 7 days providing you do not have any flu-like symptoms.
  • During an emergency situation (i.e. fire, flooding)  
  • A situation considered to be a medical emergency (i.e. a life threatening medical condition)
  • To drive a member of your immediate household to/from work or school as long as you do not leave your vehicle.

If you have COVID-19 symptoms but tested negative on a rapid antigen test (RAT):

  • There is a small possibility of a ‘false negative’ result.
  • You should stay isolated and use a Rapid Antigen Test again in 24 hours or get a PCR test.
  • If you return another negative result, we recommend you get a PCR or stay isolated until your symptoms resolve, to protect others from whatever illness you may have.

If you have COVID-19 symptoms but tested negative on a PCR test:

  • It can take up 10 days (from first developing Flu-Like symptoms) for a Positive test result to occur when using a RAT test, however this does not necessarily mean you are free from COVID-19.  It is recommended that you take a RAT test each day for at least 10 days after your symptoms commenced. 
  • There is no need to repeat the test. It is extremely unlikely you have COVID-19.
  • We recommend you stay isolated until your symptoms resolve, to protect others from whatever illness you may have.

If you have recovered from COVID-19, you aren’t required to get tested or isolate if you are re-exposed to a case within 12 weeks of ending your isolation period. After 12 weeks, you must follow the relevant advice depending on the type of contact you are.

Close Contacts:

  • You are considered to be a Close Contact for COVID-19, if someone residing within your immediate household has tested Positive to the COVID-19 virus.  For example: If your husband/wife and/or a child has tested positive but you haven’t, you are considered a Close Contact 
  • If you are considered a close contact, you do not need to isolate providing you do not have any flu-like symptoms and/or you have not been formally instructed to isolate by DHHS or recommendations provided by the Government or Chief Medical Officer.  However, it is recommended that you do self-isolate and avoid high risk or highly populated venues or setting, for at least 7 days, as symptoms can appear at any time and you may test positive during this period. 
  • It is also recommended that you wear face masks (even when not mandatory) when you leave your home, especially where you cannot appropriately socially distance yourself from others.

Additional restriction changes for Victoria

  • If you work in high-risk environments (i.e. Healthcare, Disability support) you must have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and the Booster dose.
  • If you work within the food manufacturing or distribution supply chain, you must have at least the first two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine dosed (Booster dose is no longer mandatory)
  • If you work in any other industry, you must comply with the relevant company’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
  • Wearing of face masks will continue to be mandatory is some settings, including on planes, public transport and in sensitive settings like hospitals or aged care facilities.  Wear face masks continues to be recommended in other situations, especially where social distancing cannot be effectively achieved.

Read the full details HERE



Positive Cases:   

If you test positive to a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), you must register your Positive COVID test result on the Services NSW website, so you can be linked to important information relating to the risks of COVID-19 and the rules and restriction that will apply.

If you test Positive with a PCR or RAT test, you must:

  • Self-Isolate at home immediately for at least 7 days. If you have any Flu-Like symptoms, including a runny nose, sore throat, coughing, or shortness of breath, after the 7-day isolation period, you must remain in self-isolation until 24 hours after your symptoms resolve.
  • Notify your employer and members of your household that you have tested Positive to the COVID-19 virus and they must follow the NSW Health Household and Close Contact guidelines for at least 7 days after you tested Positive.
  • Tell people that you spent time with from the 2 days before you tested Positive or the 2 days before you started experiencing flu-like symptoms.
  • Monitor your symptoms. If you are concerned, you can contact your GP, the NSW Health hotline in 1800 960 933 or the national COVID-19 Helpline on 1800 020 080. If your symptoms are severe, call 000 immediately.

Self-isolation means you must stay at your home or accommodation and remain separated from others. You can only leave to get medical care (such as medical treatment of to undertake a COVID-19 test) or in an emergency situation (including family violence, fire, or flood). You cannot have visitors. 

Close Contacts: 

If you do not have any flu-like symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate, but you should be aware that you are at increased risk of COVID-19 and need to take steps to protect people around you.

You must follow these Guidelines for at least 7 days, from the last time someone in your household tested positive for COVID-19, or as otherwise directed by NSW Health if you are a close contact. 

  • If you have or develop symptoms, you must self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19. If your test result is positive, you must follow the guidelines listed above. If your test result is negative, stay home until you do not have any Flu-Like symptoms.
  • Do not visit high-risk settings (healthcare, aged care, disability care or prisons), unless you require care yourself, or there are exceptional circumstances and you have obtained the permission of the facility to visit (e.g. end of life visits).
  • Work or study from home where practicable. You must seek approval from your employer or education facility before returning to work or school if you cannot work or study from home.  Your employer will undertake a risk assessment before you can return to the workplace or education setting.
  • Masks are encouraged when away from your home, to reduce the risk of contracting COVID.
  • Avoid contact with people at high risk of severe illness, where possible.
  • Avoid large or crowded indoor gatherings where you will be in contact with groups of people that you don’t live with, where possible.
  • Where practicable, undertake a rapid antigen test (RAT) if you need to attend an indoor gathering with people you don’t live with, including your workplace or school, even if you do not have symptom.

Additional restriction changes for New South Wales

  • Requirements to wear masks on public transport, planes, and indoors at airports and cruise terminals remain.

Read the full details HERE



The following are mandatory requirements for all Drake employees and labour-hire workers.

  • You must not attend work if you have tested positive for COVID-19 until you have undertaken a PCR or RAT test and provided Drake with confirmation of results.
  • You must not attend work if you have or have any Flu-Like symptoms regardless of severity (i.e. coughing, sneezing, headaches, runny nose, fever) until all Flu-Like symptoms have fully resolved.
  • If you are confirmed as having COVID-19: you must self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days from your last COVID test date or until your flu-like symptoms have fully resolved. 
  • You must comply with all Federal and/or State Government and Chief Medical officer’s COVID-19 advice, restrictions, and other requirements (as relevant).
  • When entering a Drake office or client site, you must hand sanitise and practice social distancing. Check-in using a QR code (if available).
  • You must adhere to all Drake and Client Work Health and Safety policies, procedures, site rules, and instructions




Drake International has implemented various controls to keep everyone as safe as possible.




Do I need proof of COVID immunisation as an authorised worker? 

All authorised workers will need to carry proof at all times of their COVID immunisation. Everyone can secure an immunisation history statement or a COVID-19 digital certificate to show proof of vaccinations.  Use the link below to explore the various ways you can access your immunisation records:

Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19) - How to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations - Services Australia


What if I test positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? 

Do not report to work if you are on an assignment or a project. Call your local Drake Branch immediately and let us know you have tested positive for COVID-19. Your recruitment consultant will communicate with the client directly. You must not attend work if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have any flu-like symptoms until you have undertaken a PCR or RAT test, and provided confirmation of results. For more information and resources, visit:



What if I am a close contact to someone who has been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19? 

You are a close contact if you:

  • live in the same house as someone who tests positive
  • spent 4 hours or longer with someone in a home, or health or aged care environment
  • are determined as one by your state or territory health department.

If you are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19 you must isolate for 7 days (10 days in SA) from the last time you were in contact with that person. If you have symptoms you should visit your nearest testing clinic as soon as possible or take a rapid antigen test. Please contact your local Drake office immediately on 13 14 48. The casual should not attend the Drake offices or client sites until confirmation of your results is received. 


Do I need a booster shot? 

A booster is recommended for people aged 18 years and older. Some states have new rules where workers in key sectors who are already required to be fully vaccinated with two doses must get their third dose before being permitted to work on site. More about boosters. Need to book your booster? Find a Vaccine Clinic.


Who needs to wear a mask? 

In a COVID outbreak in your state or territory,  masks are typically mandatory indoors and outdoors.  Follow your state or territory’s latest health and safety updates:



Is there COVID-19 Information available in other languages? 

You can explore a list of resources on COVID-19 in 68 languages. The resources include fact sheets, guidelines, and other publications and can be found here: