Personal Information Collection Statement
Drake's privacy commitment
At Drake, we are committed to protecting the privacy of the information that you give to us. This document briefly explains how we at Drake collect, use and disclose your personal information for our recruitment, flexible staffing and training businesses.
What we do
Drake uses highly skilled consultants to provide permanent recruitment services that respond to the needs of both employers and applicants by helping to place the right person in the right position. Drake also supplies temporary contractors to a wide range of businesses in many industries ("Clients"). Drake also provides services such as training, development and e-learning, assessment and certification, career and organisation development, business technologies and outplacement.
Your personal information
Some examples of the types of personal information that may be held by Drake includes your name, date of birth, contact details, qualifications, work history, skills, resume, salary/benefit information, driver's licence number and information about your hobbies and interests. If you consent, we may also collect sensitive information (for example, information about your membership in a trade union or health information). It is up to you to choose the information that you give to Drake. If you choose not to provide Drake with particular information that has been requested, Drake may not be best placed to provide the service that you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Drake collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form or a resumè;
- By contacting the referees that you have nominated;
- From Clients to whom services are supplied as part of our contracting business; and by searching publicly available information (for example, the internet).
How we use your personal information
In our recruitment and contracting businesses, the personal information that we collect from you is used to provide recruitment and contracting services, for example, by matching applicants or contractors to client needs. In our non-recruitment businesses, your personal information is used to enable Drake to deliver the product or services that you require.
Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
We will disclose personal information about you to Clients for the purpose of recruiting you to specific positions, for supplying your services to Clients as a contractor or, with your consent, marketing your services to Clients. We may also disclose your personal information to the following parties outside of Drake:
- Drake's agents, contractors (e.g. people who are authorised to administer our computer systems or to other recruitment suppliers, where we are working on a joint recruitment project), professional advisers, consultants and representatives;
- You and your referees in making enquiries;
- Your financial institution and others relating to your remuneration and benefits; government bodies or others as required/authorised by law; and
- Drake's related companies and any companies involved in a corporate or business restructure by Drake.
If you have a general enquiry, you may choose to use to use of pseudonym or remain anonymous. Drake may not always be able to interact with you in this manner however, especially where it is required by law to identify a person before providing certain information. In general, we won’t be able to deal with you anonymously or where you are using a pseudonym when:
- It is impracticable; or
- Where we are required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order to deal with you personally.
Correcting or updating information held by Drake
Drake take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify our Privacy Officer and we will work with you to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
Access to your personal information
You may access your information at any time (subject to some exceptions allowed by law). If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing. Further, you may be charged a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Enquiries and Complaints
- Privacy Officer, Drake Australia Pty Ltd GPO Box 298 Melbourne 3001
- Email: Privacy
We will try to satisfy any questions or concerns that you have. For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website http://www.oaic.gov.au/